April was another month chock full of Google webmaster and SEO tidbits. We also suspected at least two updates, FYI, there were some signs of a possible update on May 2nd, although that buzz died down quickly.
Other than that, a typical month of stuff, again, lots of questions of updates and so forth. I will keep an eye on May 2nd but it seems things have cooled down on that.
For last months report see here.
Here is the month's summary:
- Matt Cutts: Google Penalizes Seven Link Networks In Japan
- Google Penalizes PostJoint Over Guest Blog Links
- Google Penalizing HARO Links? Not Really.
- Google's Cutts On Big SEO Myths Are...
- Google's Matt Cutts: Anticipate The Query To Better Control Titles In Google
- The Head Of Matt Cutts Tells Us The Body Is Important Too
- Google's Matt Cutts On How To Buy Domain Names
- Google's Matt Cutts: The Shirts Rarely Correlate To The Video
- Google's Matt Cutts: Not All Manual Actions Are Ranking Demotions
- Google's Matt Cutts: You've Got A Mild Case Of Penguin
- Google Says Drop In Crawl Stats For News Sites Is Normal
- Schema.org Actions: What Is It?
- Google's Site Removal For HTTPS Will Remove HTTP Version Also
- Google: No Limit To The Number Of Links You Can Have On A Page
- Google: 410s Are Immediate & 404s Are Delayed For 24 Hours
- Google's Matt Cutts: I Don't Know 10% Of Your SEO Questions
- Google: We Mostly Ignore Web 2.0 Links
- Google: Our Algorithms Picked Up On Your Keyword Stuffed Page
- Google Business Schema Adds Phone Numbers, Hours & Menus
- Full Reviews In Google Knowledge Graph
- Google Pushing App Indexing As It Adds 24 More Apps
- Google UK Adds In-Depth Articles