Google's AdWords community manager, Zee, started a thread to help AdWords advertisers a target their campaigns for Mother's Day.
Mother's Day is this Sunday and you still have a couple more days to reach out to last minute shoppers and get them to buy from you for their mothers.
(1) Create a separate campaign
(2) Create ad groups with keywords
(3) Add some negative keywords
(4) Create couple of ad text in each ad group with a clear call to action
(5) Try extensions that are available in your AdWords account
Here is a slide from Google on these tips:
Tom, a PPCer also offered up some tips, they include:
- Don't over-promise - If you can't deliver your product/service in time for Mother's Day, don't say that you can.
- Holiday Bidding - Short windows of time require immediate results, make sure you bid appropriately and aggressively, expecting high competition.
- Get Creative with Ads and Landing Pages - Stand out with your ads and don't be afraid to tug at the heart strings too. This is about Mom's after all, Mom's are very special. Read some Hallmark Cards if you need inspiration.
- Keywords - People may be looking for gift ideas and you may have a chance to persuade them to buy instead. - Temporarily expand keyword lists to include more general terms about gifts, gift ideas and specifics to this holiday. Also, update your negative KW lists if you need to; some KW may need to be removed from these lists as well.
Forum discussion at Google AdWords Help.