This special Thanksgiving edition of the Search recap has some interesting topics. Google will be significantly changing the AdWords agency support model. Google Instant Previews caused some big issues with Google Analytics. Google's Site Operator seems to be less buggy, with a special comment from Matt Cutts. Google has published an excellent set of documents on controlling crawling and indexing by Google. Google may have updated the image search index. Google has their second major AdWords Quality Score bug, this one has yet to be fixed. Google Places has an issue with bulk uploading. Google Social Search seems to be coming to Image Search. Google had several logos, today there is one for Pippi Longstocking, and we had a few for Thanksgiving. The Thanksgiving logos were interesting, leading to book sales - Yahoo, Bing and others all had logos as well. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Dropping AdWords Agency Support in UK
- Google Instant Page Previews Wreaking Havoc On Web Analytics
- Google's Site Operator Now Less Buggy & More Accurate?
- Google Published Detailed Specifications on Robots.txt
- Google Image Search Update: November 2010
- Another Major Quality Score Bug Impacted Google AdWords Advertisers
- Google Places Bulk Import Not Working
- Google Social Search Coming To Google Images
- Pippi Longstocking Google Logo
- Pre-Thanksgiving Google Turkey Logo: Ina Garten
- 2010 Thanksgiving Logos from Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask & Others