This week's search video recap is quicker then the past. I announced a conference I am personally running in Israel, SphinnCon Israel - please attend, if not, you better sponsor! Google has an issue sourcing the original content, since MayDay. Google added a video sitemap error report to the labs section of Google Webmaster Tools. Google promised to update certain AdSense unit's design. There is a myth that only one link counts on a page. Google Maps made a star out of a ten year old girl playing dead. Google's Matt, not Cutts, is a rap star. Demand Media IPOed and the industry learned from it. SES San Francisco is next week, we have live blog coverage on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Google had a neat Doodle for the Wizard of Oz's 71st birthday. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
Make sure to subscribe to our video feed or subscribe directly on iTunes to be notified of these updates and download the video in the background. You can also watch this live and ask questions during the show, typically Friday mornings around 9:30 (EST) at seroundtable.com/live, follow @rustybrick to be notified when we air. Here is the YouTube version of the feed:
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Announcing SphinnCon Israel 2011 - January 9, 2011
- Google Can't Find The Original Source Of Content?
- Google Adds Video Sitemaps Errors To Google Webmaster Tools
- Google Updates AdSense Layouts
- SEO Myth: Are Competitors Backlinks Not Counted?
- Google Maps Dead Girl Becomes A Living Star
- Google Help Center's Rap Video
- SEO Industry Buzzes On Demand Media's IPO
- SES San Francisco 2010 Live Blog Coverage Schedule
- The Wizard of Oz Google Doodle