Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Is Black Hat SEO Criminal?
Mikkel deMib Svendsen, a well known SEO who is also known for his famous red suits at conferences, wrote a very interesting post. The post is named Confessions of a Black Hat SEO: There is a limit to what I will do! In this post he explains that he is a black hat SEO, he will cloak, he will buy links, he will push the envelop as far as possible for him to "win the
- Yell Replies To Link Selling Accusations, Google Won't Get Involved
A couple days ago we reported on a public thread asking the question, is Yell.com selling links? It is a valid question and the thread at Google Webmaster Help has seriously heated up. In fact, a Yell representative responded to these accusations, denying that they sell links for the purpose of selling PageRank. Matthew Bottomley from Yell said: Great debate but it's actually based on a false assumption. Yell doesn't sell links. We do link
- Google Has $26.5 Billion In Cash (GOOG)
Google released their first quarter 2010 earnings report last night and they reported another great quarter. Revenue was up 23% and net income was up even more, at 37%. These numbers beat analysts expectations, but yet in the pre-market, GOOG stock is down $27 or almost 5%. The pretty amazing figure is that Google has more fluid money than many countries, with $26.5 billion sitting in cash, cash equivalents, and short-term marketable securities. In any
- Twitter, The Second Largest Search Engine?
Danny Sullivan broke down the reality of Twitter announcing at the Chirp Conference that they had about 19 billion searches per month. Comparing that to Google, Bing and Yahoo - it passes Bing and Yahoo combined! Google: 88 billion per monthTwitter: 19 billion per monthYahoo: 9.4 billion per monthBing: 4.1 billion per month The thing is, as Danny said, this number is not coming from comScore or Hitwise, an independent stats company, but rather from
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google CPC prices compared to Yahoo & MSN, WebmasterWorld
- Google Following Meta-Refresh like a 301?, WebmasterWorld
- Google is not recognizing Leonardo Da Vinci birthday for 4-15-2010, Google Web Search Help
- Known Issue: incorrect number of comments / friend invites shown in inbox / on homepage, YouTube Help
- What happened to "past hour" search option?, Google Web Search Help