This week in search, I talk about Google announcing that site speed is now a ranking factor, watch the video to see how that impacts you. Google released outstanding reports in Webmaster Tools. Google created a wonderful Twitter archive search feature. Bing is now testing Tweets in search results. I discussed the topic of black hat SEO versus hacking. The Yell.com controversy on paid links is heating up. Hitwise and comScore released their search market share reports. Twitter may be the second largest search engine, maybe? Twitter released information about their ad model. Google announced impressive earnings and has almost $30 billion in the bank. Google offers prizes for AdWords forum participation. Finally, if you are into videos and making skits, can you put together a skit for "The SEO Office," it would be fun. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Search Topics of Discussion:
- SEOs Blaming Site Speed For Rankings Already
- Google Wows Webmasters With New Search Reports with CTR
- Searching Old Tweets Got Easier With Google
- Bing Tests Twitter In Web Search Results
- Is Black Hat SEO Criminal?
- Is Yell.com Selling Links?
- Yell Replies To Link Selling Accusations, Google Won't Get Involved
- Search Market Share Reports Show Google Losing & Bing Gaining?
- Twitter, The Second Largest Search Engine?
- Will Twitter's Promoted Tweets Ad Model Work?
- Google Has $26.5 Billion In Cash (GOOG)
- Google Offers Prizes To Encourage AdWords Forum Participation