Our ongoing Google Webmaster reports continue with the April 2010 WebmasterWorld thread that has dozens of Google obsessed webmasters and SEOs tracking every little change at Google. Here are some observations pulled out from the thread, agree or disagree with them - that is up to you:
- Caffeine creeping into Google.com
- PageRank update
- Major traffic changes from Google
- URLs without snippets showing more often
- Increase in results found for site commands
- More rumors Caffeine will be launching in April (due to Matt editing a comment to say "weeks")
And for the highlights from Google topics we covered in the past month:
- 301 Redirects Do Not Pass Full PageRank & Link Value
- The Google 7 Day Index Delay?
- Good, Google Killed SearchWiki, Adds Stars
- Google Adds Sidewiki Control to Google Webmaster Tools
- Picture: Google "Related Commercial Searches"
- Google Adds "Nearby" Search Option
- Google Maps Expands Businesses Reach With Services Areas & Locations
- Google Cache URLs To Be webcache.googleusercontent.com?
- SEOs Continue To Dissect Eric Enge's Interview of Google's Matt Cutts
- Another Matt Cutts Google Video Interview to Watch
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.
Note: This was written Sunday, April 4th and scheduled to be posted today.