Google is now looking at location based links for location specific queries. Google might be selecting the wrong title for your site. Is Google penalizing StreamRotator or the porn industry? Bing does geo based location from the meta language tag. Google Webmaster Tools added features. Google should allow multiple verified local business accounts. Yahoo and Microsofts earnings were bad. Yahoo changed up their home page, again. YouTube does 3D videos. Is Google certifying SEOs? We have three polls out, one on naming updates, one on client involvement in SEO and the final on AdSense earnings. Finally, we talked about the 40th anniversary of the moon landing and the logos from Google, Bing, YouTube and others. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here or to see the YouTube version in higher quality, click play & hit "HD."
Some Of The Topics Discussed:
- Google: Location Specific Queries Now Requiring More Location Specific Links?
- Google Picking Titles Incorrectly?
- StreamRotator Blamed For Google Penalizing Porn Industry?
- Bing Geo-Targeting With Meta Language Tag
- Google Webmaster Tools Adds Some Features
- Google Should Allow Multiple Google Accounts To "Own" A Local Listing
- Yahoo's Revenue Drops Again, Squeeze Out Higher Profits (YHOO)
- Yahoo Tries Something Old, Launches New Home Page
- YouTube Testing 3D Videos (YT3D)
- Google Certified SEOs = Top Contributors / Bionic Posters?
- 82% Say We Should Name Some Google Updates
- 96% Say Clients Need To Be Involved In the SEO Process
- 56% of Google AdSense Publishers Say Earnings Are Down in July 2009
- Moon Landing Logos From Bing, YouTube But Not Google