Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Certified SEOs = Top Contributors / Bionic Posters?
One person posted a rant in the Google Webmaster Help forums about the "Top Contributors / Bionic Posters" in that forum. In short, Top Contributors / Bionic Posters are given the title by Googlers, who believe that these people are smart enough, experienced enough, skilled enough and helpful enough to be giving answered at Googler levels. But this person felt the Top Contributors / Bionic Posters were not helpful. The interesting part of this thread
- Your Google Web History Not Yours? Maybe Someone Is Watching You.
We have covered the topic of someone else's Google web history showing up as yours. Including one parent catching her son searching for pornography. But what if you find your web history showing searches you did not do personally and you are convinced no one has access to your computer. There are two possibilities, the first we covered as Google might have a bug where your history is merged with another Google user. The second
- Google AdSense Publishers Cannot Submit Tax Information
There seems to be a bug in the Google AdSense console that is preventing Google publishers from submitting tax information to Google. There are several reports in the Google AdSense Help forums with complaints about this issue. The issue is, when one clicks on the "Submit your tax information now" button, nothing happens. This was first reported on Wednesday and Google confirmed the issue saying: Thanks for bringing this to our notice. I've consulted our
- Google Latitude Comes to iPhone (Kinda) & Map Layers For Windows Mobile & Symbian
The other day, Google Mobile launched two new features (amongst others). One feature has been asked for ever since Google Latitude launched. The ability to use this program on your iPhone. Well, now it is here, well, kind of. Apple wouldn't allow Google to build a native iPhone app for Latitude because (I think) apps cannot run in the background and constantly pull your location. Instead, Google made it work over the mobile browser at
- Google Should Allow Multiple Google Accounts To "Own" A Local Listing
A Google Maps Help thread has a few business owners and consultants suggesting that Google should allow multiple Google accounts to gain access to a single business listing. I cannot agree more. This is a feature that is currently supported in Google Webmaster Tools, but is likely needed more in the Google Local Business Listing Center. Giving businesses a way to have more than one person with access to such a listing, just makes (um)
- Traffic From spresults.aspx Comes From IE6 Search Pane
A Bing Community thread has one webmaster asking why is he getting traffic from http://www.bing.com/spresults.aspx? Brett Young from Microsoft's Bing Team came in to explain that the traffic seen coming from http://www.bing.com/spresults.aspx is actually from the Internet Explorer (IE) version 6 search pane or search box. Brett said: It is used for the IE6 search pane. I'm thinking the traffic is legitimate. So if you see this traffic, it may be coming from a really
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Getting redirected when signing into Google Webmasters, Google Webmaster Help
- MSFT 4Q earnings report, WebmasterWorld
- Microsoft sales drop missing estimates, DigitalPoint Forums
- My Dangerous Google Conversion Optimizer Experiment..., HighRankings Forums
- Report: Yahoo To Acquire Xoopit, WebmasterWorld
- 101 Free SEO Tools That Don't Suck, Sphinn
- recursion easter egg, Google Web Search Help
- Seo In Domain Name - Need Help, HighRankings Forums
- Top 3 Google Gadgets to SEO Your iGoogle Home Page, Sphinn