Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Confirms One Link Sitelinks (Aka Classic Sitelinks)
Google has confirmed last week that they are officially bring "one-link sitelinks" to the Google search results. In early March rumors of these Sitelinks were spotted first in the UK region. Then the tests of the classic sitelinks continued and we saw them in the US. On April 15th, the day before Google announced it, it seemed to be available to everyone and there were some great insight posts on how they work. Well, now
- Does Google Find The Word "Gay" Offensive?
A Google AdWords Help thread reports that an AdWords advertiser has been notified that using the word "gay" in his search ads are seen as offensive. This advertiser was offended that Google would consider the word "gay" as offensive. Here is what he said: I found it very offensive when my ad was flagged for review for having the term "gay" in it. It surprises me that this a part of Google's policy as it
- Jeeves Makes a Comeback To Ask UK
Ask has decided to bring Jeeves out of retirement, at least in the UK, and rebrand Ask.co.uk as Ask Jeeves UK. If you visit uk.ask.com you will see a question with the new Jeeves on the home page, that reads, "Why am I back?" Glad you asked. The simple answer is I'm back to help. I popped out three years ago to travel the world in a quest for knowledge and I've returned to Blighty
- Google Sitemaps Last Download Date, Should We Care?
A Google Webmasters Help thread has a webmaster worried that Google has not downloaded his XML Sitemap file in about five days. I went to check the status of my sitemap file in Google Webmaster Tools and Google has not downloaded the Sitemap file for this site in five days as well. So I decided to panic and shut down my web site. Just kidding. I checked to see if one of my more recent
- Are Summer Interns Made for Link Building?
The summer is coming up and that means there are plenty of college and high school students looking for a couple months of work. Typically, you can hire these college or high school students at extremely low rates. It is the summer internship possibilities that come up yearly. I do hear that many people in this position are having a tough time finding work, especially paid work - like the rest of the world. But
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Practical Tips To Improve Site Findability In Search!, Sphinn
- Adwords dropping query string ?, WebmasterWorld
- Blog Commenting for SEO, Sphinn
- CAPTCHAs Get Smarter, WebmasterWorld
- Five Tips for Avoiding Deceptive SEO Companies, Sphinn
- Google Re-sell Seo Scam Artist!, HighRankings Forums
- Google Profiles - Hardly A Facebook Killer, Cre8asite Forums