Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Targeting Multiple Countries with Google
If you own a website in a specific country but want to target outside countries, what's the best way to do this? Is it worth hosting mini sites in the target countries? That's something you can consider, but if the sites are so small, it may not be worth it. As Robert Charlton says, if they're just acting as doorways to the other site, the site may lose credibility. However, not all webmasters have had
- How Long Does it Take to Prepare a Google AdWords Campaign?
Everyone has to start somewhere. A High Rankings Forums member is starting to control a Google AdWords campaign and wants to know how long it takes to set up and manage it. Well, it varies depending on size of the campaign, but for a relatively small campaign, it will take a few hours to set up and a few hours to manage. Eventually, you'll have to test, retest, and continue ensuring that you get the
- Google Sued by Northeastern University over Patent Infringement
Is it ten years too late? According to numerous reports, Northeastern university is suing Google over a patent. The patent holders are looking for Google to pay the intellectual property fees. Forum members are awaiting the results of the trial. One member, however, is not enthusiastic about this lawsuit and thinks it's baseless. Any company as big as Google is going to face lawsuits, and you'd be surprised at the number. I bet Google is
- Google Offers $10 Million for Android Developers
The Google Android $10 million challenge is on. Yesterday, Google announced the software development kit (SDK) for the open handset alliance, otherwise named Android. The best developers will get money prizes, up to $10 million. Some developers are already building applications. Others know that the mobile landscape is to be forever changed. Robert Scoble thinks that Android will appease developer types but not the average Joe Consumer. And some people want more than $10 million.
- How Long Does it Take for Google to use Geographic Target Data?
Google recently released a new tool in Google Webmaster Tools that enables you to set your Geographic Target market for your site. Since then, we have been waiting to see any real feedback on how exactly it works. We learned from a Googler's post that Setting the Geographic Target in Google May Not Limit You to that Target Area but does it actually help you in geographic areas. One person at WebmasterWorld reported that he
- Google is Changing the Definition of a "Click" on AdSense Ads
Last night I received an email from Google notifying me that they are changing the required action of a user, for a click to occur on an AdSense ad. Google said previously, if you clicked anywhere on an ad, including the background of the ad, that would constitute a click. Now, a user must click on the ad title or URL for it to constitute a click. Google said this is being changed to "reduce
- Who Owns Your Keyword List: You or Your PPC Manager?
A Cre8asite Forums thread asks if a PPC company has the right not to hand over their client's keyword list for the PPC campaign they are running for the client. For example, ABCChairs.com hires XYZPPC Inc, to set up a paid search campaign for the company. ABCChairs.com asks XYZPPC for a copy of the keyword list that they set up for the PPC campaign. Can XYZPPC tell ABCChairs.com no? Personally, I never heard of a
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- All of the PR Tools are Down - No way to verify PageRank Anylonger?, DigitalPoint Forums
- Adsense earnings VS. Global monthly earnings, DigitalPoint Forums
- How to Dramatically Improve Site Exclusion, Search Engine Watch Forums
- Google Masseuse A Millionaire, DigitalPoint Forums
- 2nd level of content just for search engines - legitimate?, WebmasterWorld
- Blogging For Serps, HighRankings Forums
- Common Google SEO Myths, WebmasterWorld
- Search Engine Land's Secrets: Mining SearchCap, Sphinn
- Using Images to Take Your Posts to a New Level, Sphinn
- Warning signs your SEO is a bad pick, Sphinn
- Why I Love Holidays, WebmasterWorld
- Yahoo Launches Distributed Computing Initiative, WebmasterWorld
- Yelp SEO Analysis: Part One, Sphinn