The 41st edition of the Search Pulse is now available for download. In this show, we shared stories on how Halloween was celebrated by the search industry. We talked about various search result updates at Google and Yahoo. Google added a geographic target tool for webmasters and conducted a link update. We chatted about AdSense, AdWords and many other fun topics.
The topics we covered are listed below, in order of priority (based on search community buzz).
You can download the MP3 file and listen at your convenience.
Topics We Covered:
- Halloween 2007 & The Search Industry
- Google.com Search Results Update? Google Ranking Update?
- Yahoo Search October 2007 Update
- Google Back Link Update? Google Blog Search Link Command Slow?
- Google Webmaster Link Tool November 2007 Update
- Set Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools
- Setting the Geographic Target in Google May Not Limit You to that Target Area
- Seriously, Google Fixes AdSense Channel Reporting Issue Again
- Is Google's Old Supplemental Index a Good Way to Measure Page Importance?
- Webmasters Report November 2007 Google SERP Changes
- Google Update Not Just Visible, Some Reporting Major Ranking Reductions
- Google Offers AdWords Reps Tool That Assigns Dollars to Search Results
- Google Begins Roll Out of New AdSense Management Features
- Is Google Expanding Western Union Payments to Egypt and Morocco or Not?
- Google Expanding AdSense Western Union Payments to Egypt & Morocco?
- Yahoo Search Marketing's Block Domain Feature Encouraging Laziness at Yahoo?
- Live Search Webmaster Portal Beta Coming Soon?
- Is Google Racist?
- Want to Try Microsoft Analytics? Gatineau Beta Open to US Residents Only
- Google Buys g.cn, Shortest Domain Name in China
- Gmail Comes Out with New Version
- Live Search URL Submission Form Fixed After One Month
- Google AdSense Adds Resources Tab
- MySpace Joins Forces with Google's OpenSocial Network
- Google Stock (GOOG) Exceeds $700, Stockholders Rejoice
The topic list is in order of how I wanted the conversation to go. I felt that these were the most talked about and discussed topics in the search community. Again, you can listen to the MP3 file here.
Or listen with the player below:
|Want to Try Microsoft Analytics Beta|
Channel: Search Engine Optimization
Tune in next week on Tuesday, 5pm (EST) at WebmasterRadio.FM.
For our past shows, please visit the Search Pulse archives and browse through them all.