There is discussion and chatter at WebmasterWorld around a possible Panda update that started on December 19th.
There is discussion around shifting of the search results and a top SEO at WebmasterWorld said "I wonder whether there has been a "Minor Panda update" since Dec 19, 2011." Many agree with him.
Why an emphasis on "minor"? Google said last week there would be no major Panda updates until the new year.
Like I said, several SEOs at WebmasterWorld strongly believe there was an update on December 19th. If that is the case, I believe we are up to version 3.2 of the Panda updates.
Search weather report: no major Panda updates until the new year. Context: goo.gl/XqLuN— A Googler (@google) December 14, 2011
- Panda 3.2 on December 19th
- Panda 3.1 on November 18th
- Panda 2.5.3 on October 19/20th
- Panda 2.5.2 on October 13th
- Panda 2.5.1 on October 9th
- Panda 2.5 on September 28th
- Panda 2.4 in August
- Panda 2.3 on around July 22nd.
- Panda 2.2 on June 18th or so.
- Panda 2.1 on May 9th or so.
- Panda 2.0 on April 11th or so.
- Panda 1.0 on February 24th
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.
Image credit to ShutterStock for holiday panda.
Update: Matt Cutts replied to questions on this on Twitter, without confirming or denying an update. He did make sure to repeat that there would be no "large" or "major" Panda updates. Here is the tweet: