Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Panda Update During Holidays? Panda 3.2
There is discussion and chatter at WebmasterWorld around a possible Panda update that started on December 19th. There is discussion around shifting of the search results and a top SEO at WebmasterWorld said "I wonder whether there has been a "Minor Panda update" since Dec 19...
- Fake Google Rich Snippets: Next Spam Target
A WebmasterWorld has SEOs and Webmasters complaining that they are noticing their competitors beginning to fake the rich snippets by planting their own microformats into the source code of the page. Faking rich snippets is fairly easy...
- Bing Adds Up To 8 Sitelinks
A WebmasterWorld thread has SEOs noticing that Bing has increased the number of "Sitelinks" shown for a search result. They can now show 8 sitelinks for a single search result...
- Google+ Brand Pages Invade Search Results
This isn't exactly "new", it's been like this for a week or more but when you search for popular brands in Google's search results, if they have Google+ Brand pages - the search results for that brand will add the Google+ information.
- Google's Kwanzaa Decorations
Google has just added the Kwanzaa decorations to the top bar...
- Menorah Made Out Of Google Lava Lamps
Google tweeted a picture of their Hanukkah Menorah which seems to be placed in their lobby. The menorah is made out of Googler colored wood and Google lava lamps. How creative!
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Bing's Top 2011 Searches, WebmasterWorld
- Expert-exchange Law Suit, HighRankings Forums
- MAJOR Text Ad Issues!, WebmasterWorld
- 2011 Solstice Doodles, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Facebook Instructed To Stop Indefinitely Holding Users' Advertising Data, WebmasterWorld
- Google AdWords Community Account Development - Brian's proofreading business needs help with Conv. Rate & Quality Score, Google AdWords Help