This week, besides for me feeling pretty lousy, was busy. We had a potential Google update yesterday. Google pushed AMP results into the image search results. Google image search now allows for product schema. Google reviews markup requires you to remove profanity and vulgar comments. Google Search Console expanded the reports available for property sets. Google said there is no Google Sandbox. Google said third-party tools cannot tell you if you have a Google penalty. Google said they do take action on rich snippet spam. Google AMP might have lower CTR, well, the top stories carousel might. Google said moving around header tags on your page won’t improve your rankings. Google said measure page speed using page speed insights and response time tools. Google warned not to do automated queries. Google My Business had expedited business verification this week. Google Maps launched Promoted Places. Google My Business insights added analytics for photos. Google My Business lets you control your business attributes. Gboard is now available on Android phones. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- December 15th Google Search Algorithm Update Signals
- AMP Comes To Google Image Search
- Google Image Search Now To Use Product Schema Markup
- Google Reviews Markup Guidelines Now Disallows Profanity & Vulgar Language
- Google Search Console Property Sets Now With More Reports
- Google: There Is No Google Sandbox
- Google: Only Site Owner Can See If They Have A Penalty; Not Third-Party Tools
- Google: Nofollow Attribute May Help With Crawl Budgets For Large Sites
- Google: We Do Take Action On Rich Snippet Spam
- Do Google AMP Rich Cards Have Drastically Lower CTR?
- Google: Moving Header Tags Around Won't Change Search Rankings
- Google On Measuring Speed: Page Speed Insights & Plain Old Response Time
- Google Warns: Automated Queries On Google Is Against The Terms Of Service
- Google My Business Offering Expedited Verification Until Thursday
- Google Maps Promoted Places Gives Branded Pins & More To Brands
- Google My Business Insights For Google Maps Photos
- Google Now Lets Business Owners Control Their Menu Links In Local Results
- Gboard Finally Comes To Android As Google Keyboard