This week, I posted the mostly Google webmaster report. Google launched a new desktop search user interface. Google said you can trust them when it comes to webmaster communication. Yes, giving a donation in exchange for a link is a paid link according to Google. Google changed the in the news box to top stories. Google added new book schema markup for buying e-books. Google said crawl budget doesn’t work like you think. Google said when going HTTPS, it might not make sense to change the other URL structure of your site at the same time. Google said blue dots in the local maps are what you search nearby of. Google dropped local boundaries in the maps. Google AdWords Editor launched version 11.7. Google Home and Assistant now allow for developers to build app.s Google lets you tweet to them to get local results. Google launched their holiday decorations, Hanukkah, Christmas and Kwanzaa. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- December 2016 Google Webmaster Report
- Confirmed: Google Rolling Out New Desktop Search Interface
- Google: You Can Trust Our Webmaster Communication
- Google: Giving Charity & Donations In Exchange For A Link, Is A Paid Link
- Google Replaces "In The News" With "Top Stories"
- Google Adds New Books Schema Markup With Buy E-Book Links
- Google: Crawl Budget Works Differently Than You Think
- Google: Going HTTPS vs Switching URL Structures Are Different
- Google Maps Blue Pins Are For Locations You Searched Near; For Example...
- Google Maps Drops Outlining Local City Boundaries
- Google AdWords Editor V11.7 Adds Location Extensions, Bumper Ads & More
- Google Home & Assistant Now Allow Developers To Build Voice Commands
- Search Google By Tweeting Emojis To @google
- Live: Google 2016 Holiday Decorations For Hanukkah, Christmas & Kwanzaa