This week at the Search Engine Roundtable I give the monthly Google webmaster report. We also discuss how Matt Cutts told us that most of the webmaster tools notifications are black hat related and only 3% are link related. Google told us that each time a user uses Google, a dozen or more experiments are being shown to that user. Google said invalid URLs don't hurt the site generally. There may be a Google Image Search update underway. Google AdSense improved the appeals and banning process. Google added arrows to AdSense desktop ads. Google improved ad blocking allowing site level blocking. Google+ launched communities. Finally, this is the 9th year I am covering search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- December 2012 Google Webmaster Report
- Only 3% Of Google Webmaster Tools Notifications Are Link Related
- Google: A Searcher Sees A Dozen Or More Google Tests Per Day
- Google: Invalid URLs Generally Don't Hurt Your Rankings
- Google: We Are Revamping Webmaster Tools Notifications
- Google Image Update Reports Continue
- Google's AdSense Banning & Appeal Process Get Better
- Google AdSense Brings Arrows To All Ads
- New: Google AdSense Site Level Blocking
- Google+ Communities Goes Live: I Get 50+ Community Invites
- 9 Years Covering The Search Industry