This week at the Search Engine Roundtable jt wasn't all that busy, which I guess is a good thing. I did the monthly Google webmaster report. We learned that Google offers more in-depth reconsideration request responses, but only in English. Google AdSense launched a half page, 300x600 ad unit. Google AdWords added a keyword column to see which query triggered the ad. Google AdWords users are seeing perfect quality scores all of a sudden. Google dropped the +1 metrics from Webmaster Tools. Google's Matt Cutts said Google does take action against spammy guest blogging. Finally, a webmaster who disavowed 100% of their links still has a link penalty - go figure. That was this past week of search news at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- November 2012 Google Webmaster Report
- Google's In-Depth Reconsideration Requests Only For Limited Languages
- 300x600 Huge Ad Format Coming To Google AdSense
- New: Google AdWords Shows Keyword That Triggered An Ad
- Many Google AdWords Advertisers See Perfect Quality Scores
- Google Webmaster Tools +1 Metrics Gone
- Cutts: We Will Penalize Spammy Guest Blogging
- Webmaster Disavows 100% Of Links & Still Has Google Link Penalty