Here is the red eye version of the search video recap - starting off with the November Google webmaster report and then touching on the PageRank update. I then talked about the new ranking factor Google is releasing, specifically for content position and ad location on a page. Google is testing previews of page source data. Google's Matt Cutts spoke on the topic of browser specific cloaking topics. He also said that 302 hijacks have not worked in years. Google + Pages launched and you can do direct searches in Google. Apple may be a serious threat to Google and I explain how. PubCon was this week, which explains the red eye - and we have covered many sessions. Finally, this week we are dedicated the recap to our Veterans! That is the past week's news from the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- November 2011 Google Webmaster Report
- November 2011 Google PageRank Update
- Google: Content Position & Ad Position Part Of Search Ranking
- Google Displays Advanced Rich Snippets On Search Results
- Google's Response On Browser Specific Cloaking
- Google: 302 Hijacks Have Not Succeed In Years
- Google + Pages & Direct Search
- Apple Siri & Google Voice: The Future Of Search?
- PubCon 2011 Vegas Live Blog Recap
- 11/11/11 - Google's Veterans Day Logo