Here is the monthly Google webmaster report, the November 2011 edition. For last month's see the October 2011 Google report.
As always, this report is based on the coverage we posted here over the past month and the ongoing WebmasterWorld thread. First, let's start with the new discussion topics in the thread.
- Two different indexes being seen popping in and out of the search results
- Suspecting a new index to be released shortly
- High spidering activity by GoogleBot
- East coast snow storms and power outages had major impact on traffic and sales
The theme for Google in October included the new algorithm that up-plays freshness, the few Panda tweaks over the month, the new default SSL search and how it impacts referrer data and some of the other minor changes Google made over the month.
Below is a listing of the more important Google related topics we covered this month:
- Google Updates Search Algorithm: Impact More Like 17.5% Of Searches
- Minor Google Panda Update On 20th: Panda 2.5.3
- Google Makes Minor Panda Update October 13th: Panda 2.5.2
- Google Panda 2.5 Reversed Or Updated
- 66% Says Google's Panda Minor Update Was Very Significant
- Google Indexing AJAX Content Via POST Requests: Facebook & Disqus
- Google's Quality Rating Guidelines Leaked, Again
- "Not Provided" Keywords In Google Analytics Higher Than Expected
- Google SSL Default, Goodbye Query Referrer Data
- Google, Here Is A Solution For Passing Query Data Securely
- Google Links Algorithm Gone Haywire?
- Official: Google Places Ads At Bottom & Bottom Search Box Missing
- Google Testing Lighter Colors In Search Results
- Google Maps Grey Pins & Horizontal Maps
- Google Kills + Search Operator
- Google's Matt Cutts Definitive Cloaking Video
- Google's "Definitive" Answer: SEO Is Not Spam
I hope this saves you time in recapping on the past month in terms of Google stuff as it related to webmasters and SEO.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.