This week in search, Matt Cutts declares war on keyword rich comment names but ignores his use of GoogleGuy back in the day. Google is offering free short site reviews this coming Monday. Yahoo Answers has some issues with their SEO, specifically on international sites. Google had a bug with their disavow link tool reporting. Google News publishers are cheating Google by refreshing article titles. Google Now added news, blogs, TV and more - this is getting interesting. AdWords updated their Editor, they are now at version 10.3. Google AdWords updated the opportunities section. Google AdWords ad groups are not tied to a domain name forever. Google AdSense publishers are upset with recent huge drops in CTR. Google has a cool search easter egg, “when am I?” Google’s John Mueller is keynoting at our SMX Israel event! That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- November 2013 Google Webmaster Report
- Reports Of A Google Update Between November 1st & 5th
- New Google Penalty For "Image Mismatch"
- Google Local Maps Spam Invades Knowledge Graph
- Google Reconsideration Request Errors Happen
- Shopify: Our Customer Images Aren't Showing In Google Image Search
- Google AdSense Automates Your Ad A/B Testing
- Google AdWords Tests New "Ad" Label
- Pegman Returns To Google Maps & Google Makes A Big Deal Of It
- OK Google Now On iOS Google App: Some Bugs Reported
- Facebook Pushes New Like & Share Blue Buttons
- Google Inkblot Test Doodle: Hermann Rorschach 129th Birthday