This week in search, I covered how Google's Panda update is leading to the great content purge on the web. Google News is no longer crawling under GoogleBot-News. Google is giving insight into their search quality, but did you learn anything. Google is testing a new top bar that pushes down the results. Google is testing a new real estate snippet with Zillow. Google added a help document for troubleshooting rich snippets. Google seems to be testing random numbers of search results on various pages. Google had to pay the US Department of Justice $500 million for illegal drug ads. A bug on Google causes people to click in the search box to search. Google fixed a bad product search bug. Google +1 button is now integrated with Google +. Matt Cutts explains the difference between don't be evil and do no evil. Then Google explains why they can't offer quality customer service. That was this week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Panda Leading To Web Site Content Purging
- Google News Crawling With GoogleBot Only Now
- Google Gives Insights Into Search Quality: SEOs Learn Nothing
- Google Testing New Type Of Top Results Bar
- New: Real Estate Listing Rich Snippets In Google
- Google Adds Document On Rich Snippet Missing Questions
- Google Testing Random Number Of Search Results
- Google Settles With DOJ: Paying $500 Million For Illegal Drug Ads
- Bug: Cursor Not Focused In Google Search Box
- Fixed: Google Product Search Bugs
- Google +1 Button Let's You Publish To Google +
- "Don't Be Evil" vs. "Do No Evil" - Google's Cutts Explains The Difference
- Google: We Can't Have Customer Service Because...