This is my last video recap in this office, after ten years, I am moving to a new larger space. This week I cover the Google Panda update, version 3.8. I also discuss the difference between Penguin and Unnatural links. Google for the first time called out a site they ignore links from. There are link removal companies popping up left and right despite Google saying they are coming out with a disavow link tool. Bing beat Google to coming out with a disavow links tool. Bing is trying to win the hearts of SEOs but maybe to try to change market share? Google launched Google Now and more changes to Google Mobile. I think Google wants you to nofollow affiliate links. Google added ten new videos on SEO on Webmaster Academy. New Zealand publishers got paid 40% less due to an exchange rate bug. Google is testing hiding the top black bar. Google Maps owner responses is broken again. Google demoed Google Glass live at I/O with sky divers diving onto the convention center. YouTube explained why some videos stick at 301 views. Google had an unbelievably geeky and sophisticated logo for Alan Turing's 100th birthday. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Panda 3.8 Live: June 25th & Refresh Only
- What's The Difference Between Google Penguin vs Unnatural Links?
- Official: Google Ignores Links From Updowner.com
- Link Removal Companies: We're In A New World
- Bing Launches Disavow Links Tool Before Google
- Bing Winning The Hearts Of SEOs To Change Market Share?
- Future Of Google Mobile: Google Now
- Should You Nofollow Affiliate Links? Probably
- New Must Watch Google Videos For SEOs
- New Zealand AdSense Publishers Get Paid 40% Less
- Google Testing Hiding Top Black Bar
- Owner Responses On Google Maps Broken Again
- Google Glass Live Skydiving Demo
- YouTube Video Stuck At 301 Views? Here Is Why.
- How The Alan Turing Google Logo Works