I apologize in advanced for being under the weather, hopefully I fake it well. I talk about the Google bug that led to dozens of sites being delisted in Google. I also go through some points SEOs should be aware of before the over optimization filter hits. Google said phone number spam is spam and against their guidelines. Google sent out 20,000 warnings to webmasters on weird redirect notices. The Negative SEO debate sparked up, but I go into detail on why it is a bigger issue for the SEO community. Google's cost per click prices go down while clicks go up and Google earns more money. 7% of searches are misspelled, so Google AdWords changes phrase and exact match. Google Author stats went missing from Google Webmaster Tools. Google improved the rich snippet testing tool. Cutts spoke in Korea on search, it is a great video. Google Maps bug doesn't let you go beyond ten results. Google Places is to add a "we've moved" option soon. Microsoft adCenter to finally fully power Yahoo Search Ads in UK, France and Ireland. Bing Search API is now fee based. Why would an SEO patent the SEO process? I have a bunch of poll results to share with you. That was this week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Updated: Google Update April 2012? Over SEO Penalty?
- That Google Update Was Just A Bug Says Google
- Preparing For Google's Over SEO Algorithm
- Google: Phone Number Spam Is Keyword Stuffing & Against Guidelines
- Google Sends Out 20,000 Weird Redirect Hacked Notifications
- The Negative SEO Debate Sparks Up Again
- Google's Cost Per Click Continues To Decline
- 7% Of Searches Are Misspelled: Google AdWords To Change Match Type Settings
- Google Author Stats Goes Missing From Webmaster Tools
- Now Really Test Your Google Rich Snippets
- Google's Cutts Speaks In Korea On "Search Inside"
- Google Places Bug Limits Search Results To 10
- Google Maps To Add "We've Moved" Message
- Microsoft To Power Yahoo Search Ads In UK, France and Ireland Starting Wednesday
- Bing Search API Now Pay For Access
- Filing A Patent On The SEO Process
- And The Winner Is... Google Webmaster Tools
- Half Of SEOs Are Satisfied With Google's Chrome Penalty
- 82% Of SEOs Don't Trust Google Doesn't Share Data For Search Rankings
- Poll Results: Social Required To Compete In Search Rankings
- Which Link Factors Did Google Turn Off? Survey Says...