I missed last week but I have a good excuse, I had a baby girl. So this video is to catch up and since I am offline tomorrow for Passover, I decided to do it today. I covered the April Google webmaster report and Google's 50 search quality updates in the past month. Google might have done an Easter search update. Google does tell people of example links that are unnatural, if you ask. Google also suggests you remove links as far back as possible. Burberry US was delisted from Google for a while. Home Depot is asking partners to link to them and hide it. Emoji characters work on iOS Google search results. Google shared the "ingredients" for AdWords Quality Score. Google AdWords added zip code targeting and dynamic location insertion. Google tested a collapsible left hand side search options pane. Google now supports animated math graphing calculations. Google Maps brought back traffic estimates by day and time. Bing revamped their video search interface. Yahoo is restructuring laying off 15% and moving search under "connections." A Googler is teaching people how to build a search engine for free. Google+ has been redesigned. Google released a preview of Google Glasses. April Fools was a bit ago and we have the jokes. Finally, Google had a logo for Muybridge that was stunning. That was the past two weeks or so at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- April 2012 Google Webmaster Report
- 50 Google Search Quality Updates
- Google Easter April 2012 Search Update?
- Google: Here Are Some Inorganic Links Pointing To You
- Google: Go As Far Back As Possible To Remove Paid Links
- Google Stops Listing Burberry US Home Page
- Home Depot On How To Build Links
- Next Title Tag Trick: Emoji For Google Mobile Titles
- Google's "Ingredients" In AdWords Quality Score
- AdWords Zip Code Targeting & Location Insertion Added
- Test: Google's On & Off Toggle For Search Options
- Google Search Graphs Now Animated & Interactive
- Google Maps Traffic By Day/Time For Roads
- Bing Video Search Gets An Upgrade
- Yahoo Restructuring: Search = Connections
- Yahoo Lays Off 15% Of Work Force
- Googler Teaches Anyone How To Build A Search Engine
- Google+ Redesign
- Google Glasses: Visual Search Embedded
- My Lazy April Fools Day Recap - 2012
- Google Logo: Eadweard J. Muybridge, Capturing Motion With Pictures