This week, we saw a lot of people talking about ranking changes in Google, it is hard to know if it was an algorithm refresh or something manual related. Google’s Matt Cutts said they took action in Greece. Doc Sheldon was hit by a manual action for one bad outbound link that hurt his whole site. Google’s Cutts does a video on how to tell if you were hit by an algorithm. Google’s Matt Cutts also talks about linking country level sites together. Google doesn’t want you to delete your old disavow file before uploading a new one. Google seems to be passing referrer from IE8, by no longer having it go over SSL. Google updated the bulk uploads for Google Places, making it easier. Google now answers geometry questions. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Did Google Do An Algorithm Update Yesterday?
- Google's Matt Cutts Admits To Google Penalties In Greece
- A Google Manual Action We Should Worry About & Learn From
- Google's Matt Cutts On Telling If Your Site Was Hit By Algorithm
- Google's Matt Cutts: Be Careful Linking Sister Country Sites Together When...
- Google's Matt Cutts: Don't Delete Old Disavow Files Before Uploading New Ones
- Google On IE8 Drops SSL & Passes Full Referrer
- Now Preview Your Google Places Bulk Uploads
- Google Does Your Geometry Homework