I apologize in advance for the technical issues during the video but I think I covered everything well considering. First, we talk that Bing is no longer allowing keyword stuffing, as they added it to their webmaster guidelines. There were some recoveries with the Google Page Layout algorithm refresh. Google’s Matt Cutts said they tested removing back links from the algorithm and it wasn’t a good thing. Google may have penalized Halifax in the UK. Google may show the redirect URL over the destination URL in the search results. GoogleBot may crawl up to give redirects in one session. Google said switching from HTTPS to HTTP shouldn’t result in a ranking drop. Google shopping campaigns for Product Listing Ads are now globally available. Google AdSense is testing wider arrows. Google Maps is replacing the old version with the new one. Google updated their Google Places guidelines. Google Analytics is now embedded in the Google+ Local Dashboard. Raspberr Pi told off a link spammer in an excellent way. Google’s Matt Cutts chimed in at WebmasterWorld for the first time in over three years. We have two new SEO computer games, Madoogle and Donkey Cutts. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Bing Updates Webmaster Guidelines: Keyword Stuffing Now Off Limits
- Recovery Stories Emerge From Google's Third Page Layout Refresh
- Google's Matt Cutts: We Tested Dropping Backlinks From Algorithm, It Was Much Worse
- Did Google Penalize Halifax?
- Google: We May Show Your Redirected URLs In The Search Results
- Google: GoogleBot Follows Up To Five Redirects At The Same Time
- Google Says Switching To HTTPS Won't Change Your Page Rankings
- Google Shopping Campaigns Now Global
- Google AdSense Testing Extremely Wide Arrows
- 9 Months Later: New Google Maps Is Replacing The Old Version
- Business Names Google Places Quality Guidelines Updated
- Google Analytics Now Within Google+ Local Dashboards
- Raspberry Pi Tells Link Spammer To Stick It Up Their...
- Google's Matt Cutts Stops By WebmasterWorld After Three Years Of Silence
- SEO Computer Games: Madoogle & Donkey Cutts