Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Christmas Eve Logos From The Search Industry (2013 Edition)
Happy Christmas, or Happy Holidays as Google would say, to all our readers. As we do every year, I wanted to share the various logos from around the search community for Christmas Eve. Tomorrow I will post the Christmas Day logos but here are Christmas Eve logos from Google, Yahoo, Bing...
- When You Have Bad Links Impacting Your Google Rankings, Which Do You Remove?
I see this all the time, a forum thread, where a webmaster knows his rankings are suffering in Google because he was hit by Penguin because he has a lot of really bad...
- Google's Happy Holidays Doodle More Christian Friendly This Year?
As you know, Google's Happy Holidays logos are up today, but for Christmas Eve here and Christmas Day (in Australia now). Last year, there was huge firestorm about the logo being hurtful to Christians. Why...
- Google Sharing More About What Their Algorithms Think
About a month ago, we reported that Googlers indeed know if a site is impacted by an algorithm or not - not just if a site is impacted by a manual action...
- Google Glass New Years Card
Shauna Monk, a Google Glass Explorer, received a card in the mail from her Google Glass Guide wishing her a "great year of exploring." The new year card was signed by Thomas, I believe. I don't thin
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Ignore Matt Cutts and rank the blackhat way., blackhatworld.com
- And they're off! The sled is packed full of presents and…, Google Maps - Google+