Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Happy Holidays Sends Mixed Messages
Google is sending mixed messages with their happy holidays logo. There are a few issues with the happy holidays logo on Google. Here is the logo: (1) It is 8:45am EDT and there is no special logo for the holidays on Google.com yet. At least...
- Google Places Analytics Bug
There are several complaints in the Google Places Help forums from business owners that Google Places has not shown impression data for their map listings for a month now. The bug seems to be effecting a subset of Google Places accounts. The first report came in about a month ago...
- Download Your Search Queries Via App
Google announced a new application, a Python script...
- YouTube Let's It Snow Too
A week ago, we reported how if you search on Google for let it snow, the Google search results page will actually snow. But did you know the same thing happens on YouTube...
- Google's Indoor Street Vendor
Danny Sullivan was recently at Google's NYC office and noticed a food truck inside the huge office building. Yes, a Google food truck, serving Googlers lunch, inside the Google New York office in Man
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Check Your Adsense Link Unit Colors, WebmasterWorld
- Follow Up: Regarding Your Feedback on new YouTube design, YouTube Help
- Google AdWords - Lost Impression Share report - What strategic decisions can I take using the data from this report?, Google AdWords Help
- Rich Snippets Appear, then Disappear in SERPS, WebmasterWorld
- U.S. removes Baidu from "notorious markets" list, WebmasterWorld
- [Update] Friends/Subscription Merge - a tour!, YouTube Help