This week, I discuss a possible minor update to the Google Panda algorithm. There is a new message in Google Webmaster Tools for "detected new page." Bing increased the number of site links to 8. BingBot is hiding their user agent again. SEOs are faking their Google rich snippet data. Google+ branded pages are showing in the results. Bing may have to discount the click data on popular domains to reduce bias. Google AdSense ads are showing blue arrows on iOS devices. Google has decorations up for Chanukah, Christmas and Kwanzaa. Google & YouTube have a "let it snow" easter egg. Google made a menorah out of lava lamps. Finally, the Google Happy Holidays logo is live but it presents mixed messages. Happy Holidays to all of you from the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Panda Update During Holidays? Panda 3.2
- "Detected New Page" Message In Google Webmaster Tools
- Bing Adds Up To 8 Sitelinks
- BingBot Hiding User Agent?
- Fake Google Rich Snippets: Next Spam Target
- Google+ Brand Pages Invade Search Results
- Bing May Discount Clicks On Popular Domain Names
- Blue Arrows In Google AdSense Ads?
- Google's Chanukah Decorations
- Google's Christmas Decorations
- Google's Kwanzaa Decorations
- Google's Let It Snow Hack
- Menorah Made Out Of Google Lava Lamps
- Google's Happy Holidays Sends Mixed Messages