Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: A Searcher Sees A Dozen Or More Google Tests Per Day
In a Google Tech Talk on October 22, 2012, Google's Chief Economist Hal Varian said that Google runs a lot of experiments. So many that a typical Google searcher/user will see a dozen or more experiments when they access Google.
- Google: We Are Revamping Webmaster Tools Notifications
I spotted a thread at the Google Webmaster Help forums where Google said they have started revamping all the the messages/notifications sent via Google Webmaster Tools. Google's John Mueller said this in response to a webmaster receiving a delayed notification...
- Poll: Do Social Signals Influence Google Rankings?
A WebmasterWorld thread has SEOs and Webmasters debating if social signals have any role in the Google rankings. Of course, we know when you are logged in, social factors can come into play in how you see search results. That we know...
- .COM Monopoly Excludes Google
Richard Hay from Google snapped a picture of the .com edition of Monopoly board game and made a comment that it is excluding Google and he is proud of it. It does include Yahoo, Excite, Lycos & Alta
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- News Agreegator site outranking me on Google search results, Google Webmaster Help
- How to test new sites safely if Google looks at portfolio level?, WebmasterWorld
- Microsoft Opens Its Socl Social Search Tool To Beta Testers, WebmasterWorld
- November 2012 Finalised Earnings, WebmasterWorld
- Only Home Page Dropped - Completely At A Loss As To Why, Cre8asite Forums