Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- OK Google: Give Me A Chrome Extension
Google announced a new Chrome extension that enables the "hotword" for searching Google without hands from your desktop - "OK Google." Yes, you can activate a Google search by saying "OK Google." But only if you first navigate to google.com. Then, you can use the hotword...
- Google AdWords Poaching Clients Again?
A senior Google AdWords advertiser and consultant, Whitey, posted in the WebmasterWorld forums that he has seen new cases of Google AdWords employees stealing or trying to poach clients away from AdWords agencies...
- Happy Hanukkah: Check Out Google's Dreidel Decorations
A search for [hanukkah] or [dreidel] or [menorah] or other Hanukkah related search terms, Google will show dreidel decorations in the Google search bar. This year, instead of going with Jewish stars like they did in 2012...
- Apple Updates App Store Search Engine To Handle Spelling Errors
As I reported on Search Engine Land via TechCrunch, Apple has made some updates to their App Store search engine recently. The most noticeable update is that the App Store will now return search results that have misspellings, typos...
- Google Partners Cake
Asaf Paz, a Google certified partner, shared a picture on Google+ of a Google Partners Cake at the Partners Launch in Tel Aviv. Look at all the branded cookies and junk food. From YouTube to Google,
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Dear Developers, Come Buy +Google Glass! Love,…, Marketing Land - Google+
- Jazz up your site or blog with the #newGoogleMaps by…, Google Maps - Google+
- nofollow on "quasi internal" links?, WebmasterWorld
- Server outage followed by drop in rankings, WebmasterWorld
- Was There a November 14th Google Update? What was that big…, Cyrus Shepard - Google+