Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- User Generate Content Does Not Mean Spam
I am reading a WebmasterWorld thread that is kind of upsetting me. A webmaster is asking, when does user generated content become spam in Google's eyes. The conversation goes on to explain ways you can separate out user generated content from your main content so...
- Google To Host Rich Snippets Hangout On Friday
Google's rich snippets have evolved a lot of the years. They even released a new set of guidelines specifically named rich snippets guidelines...
- More Gmail Users Can Have Emails Show In Google
In August, Google released a field trial allowing Google search users to include their emails in their Google search results. There was a lot of privacy backlash...
- Tanaka Hisashige, Japan's Thomas Edison Gets A Google Logo
If you visit Google Japan today, Tuesday, you will see a special animated logo for Tanaka Hisashige. Here is a higher resolution picture of the Doodle:
- Google's Gundotra With Angry Birds' Vesterbacka
Seems like Google's Vic Gundotra was a night owl last night hanging out late with Angry Birds "Mighty Eagle" and Chief Marketing Officer Peter Vesterbacka. Vic posted the picture and posted it on Goo
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Advance search option of sorting from lowest to highest price is not working, Google Web Search Help
- Entire site copied - What do I do?, WebmasterWorld
- What Exactly Does Google Perceive As "content"?, HighRankings Forums