Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Did Google's Hummingbird Algorithm Hurt Your Site's Rankings?
Last week, Google told us they pushed out a completely rewritten algorithm named Hummingbird. They said the new algorithm was released a month or so ago and no one should have noticed it. But as I said, I think we did notice something...
- Your Site Changes Direction, Does Google Follow?
There is an interesting conversion going on at WebmasterWorld of a webmaster who wants to change the vertical his site is in but is failing to convince Google the site has changed directions. His site is 16 years old and was established as the authority in his vertical...
- Estimated Cross-Device Conversions On Google AdWords
The problem every admits - people search on one device and may very well likely end up converting on a different device. Be it they are searching for a new pair of shoes while on the bus ride home from work and then end up purchasing it when they get home from their desktop...
- Google Video Tutorial On Implementation Of Multipile Languages Variations
Internationalizing a site is confusing, let alone the translation details but how do you communicate the language and country-level differentiation details to Google...
- Authorship Now On Google Image Search. Confused?
Last night, I covered at Search Engine Land that Google launched authorship within Google Image Search. Pierre Far from Google tipped us off at SMX about it and it is true, they launched it and no one knew about it - including me. Yea, even me...
- Google Top Contributor Summit Awards
Many of you know that Google is currently hosting their annual Google Top Contributor Summit. But did you realize how many of them are out there and that they had awards? Here is a picture from Paul
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google's VP Search Ben Gomes on mobile search's future, WebmasterWorld
- Today’s improvements to #GoogleSearch include a more…, Google - Google+
- Should I use rel="nofollow" on internal links to a login…, Kaspar Szymanski - Google+
- Google Web Designer Tool (beta) Launched, For HTML5 Ads, WebmasterWorld
- Find AdWords on Social Media, AdWords Community