Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Panda 2.5 Hits?
Tedster started a thread at WebmasterWorld asking, "I'm hearing some reports of site-wide ranking demotions over the weekend that have a similar pattern to what we saw with Panda. That is, lots of keywords affected, but the demotions are not at all uniform the way we often see in a site-wide penalty."
- Google Places Bug With "Areas Served"
Nyagoslav notified me of a bug with Google Places areas served feature. In short, when you try to update your Google Places business profile to include specific areas that your business serves...
- Two Days Till Google Product Search Data Feed Updates
Back in July and earlier this month, we warned you that Google is requiring an update of their Google merchant feeds specification. Well, that date is approaching fast. September 22nd, two days from now...
- Google Wallet
The Google Wallet is here, well, it is over at google.com/wallet. If you have a Sprint Nexus S 4G phone, you should see the "Wallet" icon on your device. Other devices will get it soon, but they need near field communication (NFC) built into the device...
- Google AdWords Ads With Subscribe Form
Pauline Jakober spotted an interesting Google AdWords ad type with a subscribe form directly under the ad. We know AdWords was testing something like this back in January 2010, as a AdWords Contact Form Extensions Beta but since then we have not seen much of it...
- Google - The License Plate
Here is the second time we have seen this car on the road with the Google license plate. It is the third time we have seen a Google license plate picture as well.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google to Face Senate Antitrust Panel This Week, WebmasterWorld
- THe news page used to have a few choices - links for each story. Now I see no links to other interpretations., Google News Help
- 50 Google Analytics Resources - The 2011 Edition, Sphinn
- Nielsen's State of Social Media Report for Q3 2011, Sphinn