Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Classifies Subdomains As Part Of The Main Domain Now
The Google Webmaster Blog announced a significantly large change to how Google Webmaster Tools classifies subdomains. Prior, subdomains would be considered separate sites and thus a link from a subdomain would be considered an external link by Google, in Google's reports...
- Google AdSense New Approval Process Is Now Two Staged
Google AdSense announced a new application approval process for new publishers. The process is now two phased: (1) Submitting the normal AdSense application (2) Adding the code to your site and having Google review the code. Prior all you had to do was be approved on the first step...
- TripAdvisor Forcing Hotels To Link To Them?
A WebmasterWorld thread has a post from a member I trust. The post is about TripAdvisor's listing policies requiring those who want a listing to link back to TripAdvisor's web site...
- Do You Have Too Much Search Traffic?
Matt McGee started an excellent discussion thread at Sphinn asking, "How Much Search Traffic is Too Much?" It is a good question...
- Coping With Being Blamed For SEO Results
One of the main reasons why my company does not offer SEO services is not being able to 100% deliver on what the client hires you for. I'd say 99% of those seeking SEO services are looking to rank well for a handful of keywords...
- Coffee Cup Sleeve By Google News
Here is a picture of a special coffee cup sleeve specifically with the Google News logo on it. The picture was taken back on February 2, 2011 by Jasson Schrock and posted on Flickr.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Doodle Goethe's birthday, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- Getting Started as a Freelance SEO, Sphinn
- 20,000 Page Website Hit by Panda, WebmasterWorld
- Bug: can't switch to satellite view, Google Maps Help
- I'm considering doing another European daytime Google…, John Mueller - Google+