Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Seriously! User Switches To Ask.com Over Google.
We've seen users dislike Google's changes over the years. We've seen users say they will switch search engines before. Heck, we've seen thousands of users say they will switch from Google to Bing. I've never seen, at least not in the past few years...
- Google News Archive Link Goes Missing In IE7
Google recently dropped the News Archive home page leaving people searching for old news with the only option of using a link on the left side of Google News named "archive." Now...
- Blocking US Users But Not GoogleBot - Solutions
Ever run in to a situation where you cannot legally or practically show your web site's content to U.S. users...
- adCenter Changes Search Ad Relevancy & Quality Scoring
The adCenter blog announced ongoing changes being made to how they score ad's relevancy and quality. The changes include: There's an expanded definition of relevancy...
- YouTube Adds Support For Resumable Uploads For More Browsers
Back in July, YouTube began enabling a new uploader for resumable uploads for certain browsers. YouTube's David just gave us an update via the YouTube Help forums that they have made updates to the feature and are now supporting Internet Explorer...
- Google+ For Dummies Book Cover
Jesse Stay posted a picture on Google + of a book he is writing for Wiley publishers. The book is named Google + for Dummies! Can you believe it, a book already coming out on how to use Google +!
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- 5 Steps to Link Building with Widgets, Sphinn
- Manage Your Online Reputation When Disaster Strikes, Sphinn
- Excessive Junk Code and SEO Effects, Google Webmaster Help
- Google Place Like us On Facebook in Google Places. Will Google penalize the business?, Google Places for business Help
- why my listing doesn't appear on google map?, Google Places