Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Poll: Do You Prefer A Manual Or Algorithmic Penalty?
A WebmasterWorld thread has SEOs and webmasters discussing what is better, a manual penalty or an algorithmic penalty? If you had to choose between Google giving you a penalty, which would you choose...
- Google Translate Now In Google+
Don't you hate it when you read a post from a thread on a social network, like Google+ and it is written in a language you don't understand...
- My Google Maps Business Listing Was Taken By...
A Google Business Help thread has one business owner complaining that someone else registered his business listing within Google Places and he has no access to make changes...
- Google AdWords Adds Time Aggregation To Charts
The Google Ads Google+ account and Jon Diorio from the Google AdWords team announced a new small but useful feature available in the Google AdWords console for advertisers. Now you can control the time aggregation on AdWords charts to show data by day, week, month...
- Google+ To Move Support Forums To, Um, Google+
I always felt it was weird that the Google+ support discussion forums was in a Google Groups area and not in Google+ communities. I know communities was not a feature within Google+ on day one but it has been around for a pretty long time now...
- Google Mantiqueira Shop
We often see small stores across the world using the Google logo to attract customers. But it is rare to see a Google employee pose in front of such a store. Google's Frederico Quintão
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google not covered by British privacy laws, WebmasterWorld
- I'd Love Some Opinions On This 'new Trend' In Web Design, HighRankings Forums
- Mark Zuckerberg's Private Page Hacked To Highlight Security Flaw, WebmasterWorld
- Please post your recovery stories here, Google Webmaster Help
- We're pleased to announce Google Tag Manager for Mobile…, Google Analytics - Google+
- Announcement: Updated Community Guidelines, AdWords Community
- Press Release Solution - PRweb/PRnewswire or Use PressReleaseMonkey - POLL, blackhatworld.com
- Using the word FREE in the meta description, WebmasterWorld