Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google+ To Get Vanity URLs: Canonical Issues
Google's Saurabh Sharma announced yesterday on Google+ that they are releasing slowly the ability for users and businesses to create their own vanity or custom URLs on Google+. For example...
- Safari 5.0 Users Must Search Google Blindly
Can you imagine trying to search something and Google and not being able to see what you are trying into the Google search box...
- Google's I'm Feeling Lucky & Much More
Google's home page has a hidden surprise - place your mouse cursor over the "Im Feeling Lucky" button and it will go for a spin. Here is a video: Depending on which one you click on...
- Google: Rape Is Only Committed By A Man
Search Google for the definition of rape and Google will tell you it is a crime committed by a man. Google says, "the crime, committed by a man...
- Giggle's Googley Sign
Travis Koger posted a picture of a store named Giggle, with a very Googley like logo. The store is in the Cascades Shopping Centre in the UK. I believe it is a children or baby clothing store. Isn'
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Facebook and ACCC, WebmasterWorld
- Google To Acquire Travel Assets, Frommers, From John Wiley & Sons, WebmasterWorld
- Hitwise: July U.S. Search Share Google at 65pct, Bing-Powered Share Up To 28pct, WebmasterWorld