Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Not Provided Over 70% With Apple iOS Passing More Referrer Data
As I reported at Search Engine Land, Apple mobile Safari in iOS 7 and in some cases, other iOS versions, is showing more referrer data now than it did prior. Back in the day, Apple for some reason stopped showing in many cases that traffic came from Google when the search happened on Google via mobile Safari. For example...
- Google: We Fight Spam All Around The World But English Spam Gets More Attention
Google's Matt Cutts said Google does indeed fight spam at a global level both algorithmically and manually. In a recent video, Matt said they have Googlers who fight spam manually in over 40 different languages and regions...
- Google AdSense iOS App Now Available
Google has not yet announced this but there is now an official Google AdSense app in the Apple iTunes Store by Google for free. You can download the app for free over here. Publishers have been waiting for an official Google AdSense App for years...
- New Google Places Enables Deleting Map Listings
The new Google Places dashboard was missing an important feature, the ability to delete or remove a business listing from your dashboard. But as of last night, Google has enabled that feature in the new places dashboard...
- Search Without Searching With Google Glass: JewGlass Example
For any of you who follow me on various social media, you've probably already seen my announcement about JewGlass, the first Google Glass app for the Jewish community. Last night we pushed it live to the public...
- Good Luck Google Rock
Daniel Waisberg recently started working at Google in the Google Analytics team. Many of you may know Daniel Waisberg from his days as an Analytics consultant, well, now he moved to the dark side (kid
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- #gmapstip Ever want to see #streetview of a specific place…, Google Maps - Google+
- 2 years trying to recover from panda, WebmasterWorld
- Hangout on Air with Avinash Kaushik, AdWords Community
- How is article duplication viewed in Google News?, WebmasterWorld
- How often do you accidentally click on your own ads?, WebmasterWorld
- Traffic alternatives to Google?... survival in 2013, WebmasterWorld
- When Adsense is used on pirate content., WebmasterWorld