Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Video Recap of Weekly Search Buzz :: August 2, 2013
This week at the Search Engine Roundtable, we covered some important topics on search and marketing. First up, Google updated their links schemes guidelines and called out optimized keyword rich anchor text throughout it. They also made a splash by calling out press releases...
- Does Your Webmaster Tools Message Mean You've Been Penalized?
A WebmasterWorld thread has an SEO asking if all messages sent to webmasters via Google Webmaster Tools necessarily mean the site was indeed penalized. You know, when you get one of those messages from Google about problems with your site...
- Google Business Photos Broken?
Yet another Google Local Business Places bug to report to you, this time with your photos that you upload. There are confirmed reports
- Google The Stop Watch
I've been using Google since I was a teenager and I had no idea it had a stop watch/timer. Maybe it is new...
- Google's Page Speed Insights Tool Updated
Ilya Grigorik, Google's Developer Advocate for Google Chrome and all things speed on the web...
- Google Interns At Microsoft's Windows Store
Gavin Osvak, a Google Intern, posted a ton of pictures of his experience as an intern at Google. The other day I shared the picture of the Googlers with Apple Geniuses. Now, here they are outside of
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Double forward slash - a canonical concern?, WebmasterWorld
- Playing with authorship photo, Threadwatch.org
- Real Time Analytics -- anywhere -- with the launch of our…, Google Analytics - Google+
- Affiliate SEM poaching question, WebmasterWorld
- August 2013 AdSense Earnings and Observations, WebmasterWorld
- Fb Advertising....it Works!, Cre8asite Forums
- GlowingReviews.co sued by Edmunds.com, blackhatworld.com
- Google AdSense Revenue Down, And Ads Not Matching Site Content, WebmasterWorld
- What do you see when you search "domainname.com"?, WebmasterWorld