Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Official: Google Panda 3.9 Refresh
Last night, at 7pm EDT, Google announced they pushed out a refresh for the Google Panda algorithm. We had some rumors of a Panda refresh a couple weeks ago but Google said there was no such update...
- Google's New Advanced Index Status Report
Google added a new feature last night to Google Webmaster Tools that really shows you some nice detail on your index status...
- Your Bing Ranking Data Might Stop Working On August 1st
As many of you know, the Bing Search API is going paid and Microsoft is decommissioning the old free API next week on August 1st. That means that any of the ranking tools that use the free version would need to upgrade to the paid version, which is not cheap.
- Picture Of A Google Power Searching Certificate
Yesterday I covered how those who took the Google Power Searching class were upset they didn't immediately receive their printable certificates upon the class finishing...
- The Real Google Panda Doodle
Googler Richard Hay shared with me a Google Panda Doodle. It looks like this Panda Doodle was submitted during the Doodle4Google competition by a 3rd grader named Pianpian Wu. This must be one from
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- I'm in love with yourseosucks.com, Google Webmaster Help
- Link building on a budget, WebmasterWorld
- YouTube Switching Users To Optional Google+ Profiles, WebmasterWorld
- An AdSense Publisher's Story: Returning to 9-to-5, WebmasterWorld
- Tomorrow, foursquare is launching a promoted updates pilot…, Simon Favreau-Lessard - Google+