Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Cutts Says Don't Worry About Duplicate Content But SEOs Don't Trust
Yesterday at Search Engine Land I covered a video answer from Google's Matt Cutts on the topic of duplicate content. In short, should you worry about having duplicate content on your site or not. The short answer...
- Lesser Known AdWords Quality Score Facts
Juliana S., a Google AdWords representative, posted a topic in the Google AdWords Help forum named "uncovering quality score." In her post...
- Can You Redirect A Google Penalty? Probably.
Should you redirect a site that has a Google penalty to a site that does not have a penalty...
- Cartoon Authorship In Google's Rich Snippets
Google has confirmed the complaints about authorship not showing in the search results. They said this is a bug that is impacting a "very few sites" in their index. The fix should be out eventually, as they are working on it...
- How To Search Nearby In The New Google Maps
As you know, Google Maps opened up the new Google Maps to all users who want to preview it. With that, comes confusion on how to use the new interface...
- Google Glass Melting
The new beta Google Glass devices are now out in the explorers hands, I am told a few thousand have them now. That being said, the wear and tear of normal use has shown some weakness in these units.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- "Page Not Available" error when trying to flag review as inappropriate, Google Maps Help
- Apple's Developer Site Hacked and Offline, WebmasterWorld
- Complaint: Please don't hijack my homepage for your monarchist nonesense, Google Web Search Help
- Enhanced Campaign Video Series: Setting Bid Adjust..., AdWords Community
- Get Bad Review Out Of Sight, Cre8asite Forums
- Should I Disavow All Pr 0 Backlinks ?, HighRankings Forums