Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Cutts: Nofollow Links In Advertorials Or Else!
Yesterday, Google's head of search spam, Matt Cutts posted a video on Google's stance on using advertorials in a way to manipulate Google's search results. As you can imagine, if you use advertorials ...
- How Do You Uncover Your Spammy Links?
A WebmasterWorld thread has a webmaster who seems to have been hit by the Penguin 2.0 update. He is now asking how he should go about discovering which of his links are spammy. He asked in the thread: The only thing I can think of is that I may have spammy backlinks...
- Google AdSense Updates Ad Review Center
Google announced even more improvements to the ad review center which launched back in 2007 and has been getting continued improvements over the years...
- Bulk Upload Your Ads & Ad Groups To Google AdWords
Google announced on the AdWords blog that they now support bulk uploads for ads and ad groups. This will allow advertisers to download this data...
- Blekko Dazzles Search Results Design But Does That Improve Relevancy?
Blekko announced a major redesign yesterday - from their logo color schemes (dark red to light blue) to pretty much everything you see...
- The Internship In Movie Theaters
Google's Jeremy Milo, a Product Marketing lead for Google+ and Hangouts, shared another picture today, this one of him going out to see The Internship at the big screen. Here is a picture he snapped
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Facebook Launches Verified Pages For Celebs and Businesses, WebmasterWorld
- Bringing bike directions to more of Europe Get info about…, Google Local London - Google+
- Content Experiments: Improve your landing pages, AdWords Community
- Puzzle - Describe an AdWords Feature in Six Words, AdWords Community