Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Law Firm Sues Their SEO Company For Using Spammy Tactics
Google's Matt Cutts posted on Twitter a link to Eric Goldman (a guy who knows his legal SEO stuff) story about how a law firm sued their SEO company. Not necessarily for not achieving the rankings they wanted but rather for violating Google's webmaster guidelines and/or using spammy...
- eBay Slapped By Google: But Was It Algorithmic Or Manual?
As you know, Google released Panda 4.0 last week today and a bunch of sites dropped like rocks, including eBay. In fact, here is an updated SearchMetrics chart of the drop, it is a 78% loss in search visibility...
- Why Google+ Doesn't Have -1s
Yonatan Zunger, the Chief Architect of Google+, posted on Google+ a study of how positive and negative feedback on people's posts in social networks affects their future behavior...
- Google: Forum Link Drops Can Get You In Trouble
Sometimes you see some of the most obviously painful questions in the forums and you scratch your head...
- Marine Biologist; Rachel Louise Carson, Gets A Google Logo
Yet another women who get's a Google Doodle in 2014 after Google Doodle equality being questioned, this time, we have a Doodle from Google for Rachel Louise Carson. Rachel Carson was Pennsylvania born marine biologist and author...
- Conference With Google Glass Guest Wifi
Google Glass users often have a hard time connecting to secure Wifi while at conferences and events, but this conference in Stockholm did it right. They posted a banner to enable Glass users to easily
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google has been de-indexing our website after we added https version in the webmaster tools, Google Webmaster Help
- Effect of tumblr and its reblogs on SEO, WebmasterWorld