Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Create AdWords Accounts Without Email Addresses Within My Client Center
Google announced this week that professional Google AdWords advertisers with My Client Center (MCC) accounts can now create new AdWords accounts without having to create an email address and password associated with that account...
- Google News Any Language Feature Returns After Going MIA
As you know, Google News revamped the home page as well as added blocking features but during the upgrade a well used feature for searching for articles and stories in "any language" went missing in action.
- Google Now Showing Display URL In AdWords Title For Top Ads
Earlier this week, we reported many people seeing Google test showing the display URL in the AdWords title. Well, now it is official, Google announced it saying: Starting today, we'll automatically show your display URL domain in the headline for select top placement ads on Google...
- Google's Pro Gay TV Commercial Sparks Online Hate Debate
Google has been known to be very proud to support homosexual causes, they have been doing so for years. You'd think most people who would use Google would know this but actually many don't.
- Grab & Go Google Fridge
Here is a picture of one of the many "Grab & Go" fridges found at Google offices around the world. Google is known to have huge stocks of free food for their employees all day and all night.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- AWEditor Showing "Ghost" Account, WebmasterWorld
- Does Link Prominence On A Page Impact SEO?, Sphinn
- Independence Day Paraguay Doodle (14th May), Google Blogoscoped Forum
- On the Swedich map, a street in Borås shows kids walking on the sidewak and 2 boys faces are fully visable. How 2 blurr?, Google Maps Help
- What Makes an Effective Link Builder?, Sphinn
- WMT counting PDFs as links?, WebmasterWorld