Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google's Algorithms Find Stuffed Title Attributes As Sneaky
I spotted a thread at Google Webmaster Help where a site owner was upset his page was not ranking well. Googler, John Mueller took a look and noticed an unusually high amount of title attributes used on the page...
- Free Directory Sites Dropping Out Of Google?
A WebmasterWorld thread has one SEO noticing that Google has started to purge their index of the free directory submission web sites. He said that about 50% of the free directory submission web sites are no longer to be found in Google...
- Bing Search Update? Crawl Changes?
There is a single post at WebmasterWorld where a senior member is complaining that Bing has reduced the number of pages they have indexed of his site. He said he had about 500,000 URLs URLs indexed and now he only has about 350...
- Video Parody: Google's Cutts On Ranking #1
Sam Applegate put together this awesomely funny video mashup of Matt Cutts on how to rank number one in Google. As you can see...
- Classy: Google Chrome Wrist Watch
Ade Oshineye, a Developer Advocate at Google in the Google+ Developer Relations team who is based in London, took a picture of his new watch. Yea, it is a Google Chrome watch in a blue band with a me
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- LIVE link with 100's of credit card numbers... Why hasn't Google removed it yet????, Google Webmaster Help
- WMT DMCA Complaints... new complaints every day, WebmasterWorld