Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Was There A Google Algorithm Update On April 17th & 18th?
So, while I was offline, there seems to been a Google algorithm update. Not at Fred, Penguin or Panda levels but an smaller but yet significant update that caused both
- Clicking On 404 Results In Google Doesn't Expedite Removal From Google
This is probably way obvious to most of you but hey, first time I've seen it asked. Dawn was bugging Gary Illyes of Google on Twitter about 404s and Gary said Google has no way of seeing what a user clicks over to...
- Mozcast: 50% Of Google Search Results Are HTTPS
Mozcast features report is now showing that 50% of the Google's search results that come up are now listed as HTTPS. Just last October, that figure hit 40% and in January 2016, it was only 25%...
- Google Tries New Design For Tags In Search Snippets
A few weeks ago, we reported Google was testing tags in the search results snippets. Well...
- Google More Than Doubles The Manual Actions Penalties In 2016
Google has released their webspam report for 2016, sharing some interesting data points. Such as that Google sent out 9 million messages to site owners
- Google Indoor Farm
Don't you wish you could do farming but indoors, in the nice controlled temperature? Well, Google Tel Aviv has that in their office. Victoria Ade posted a photo of an indoor farming project at their
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Alphabet Inc.'s Google Settles Out-of-Court in Russia over Android Search, WebmasterWorld
- Google's Android Pay and PayPal in Collaborate over Payments, WebmasterWorld
- Update on the YouTube Partner Program review process, YouTube Help
- Welcome home to the new Google Earth!, Google Maps Help
- @pedrodias @WissamDandan @ShahMenz @AlanBleiweiss At least your opinions are sane. I know a few xooglers who are just... just... Ah never mind., Gary Illyes on Twitter