Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Featured Snippets Now Sourcing Different Image From Content Source
Google's featured snippets are now capable of using a different image source from the article content source it used for the answer. For example...
- Google: Use As Many H1 Tags As You Want
Some of the responses I am seeing from John Mueller of Google are funny this week. In response to a question from a novice SEO about how many H1, header tags, should he use on a single page, John said on Twitter as many as he wants...
- Google: Internal Nofollow Links Don't Devalue The Page They Are On
An interesting question was posed to Google's Gary Illyes on Twitter asking if "internal nofollow links devalue the page that it's on...
- Google: Domain Age Doesn't Matter For Search Rankings
Google's John Mueller responded with a resounding "no" when he was asked if domain age matters for ranking in Google's search results. John responded on Twitter to the question by simply saying "no" and adding no more detail...
- Google My Business Lets You Enter URL Attributes For Other Business Information
Google quietly added a feature to the Google My Business spreadsheet uploads to enter URL attributes. These URL attributes can be used to link to things like your restaurants menu or other business information that is useful to searchers...
- Burger King Spams Google Home With New TV Commercial
There is a new spam game in town, those who try to trigger your Google Home device or Google Assistant to start talking to you. A new Burger King ad, as reported by The Verge aimed at triggering Google Home devices to start talking to you about their Whopper burger...
- A Google Business Card With Braille
Here is a photo of a Google business card that looks to have braille embossed on it as well. The card is from the Google Malaysia office. The photo was posted on Instagram where this person said it
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google, Google Brain and Canada Researchers in Canada have been the source o..., Google+- Jeff Dean
- @balibones If you have a bad mobile site (missing navigation), that really sucks for users, and I'd worry about that primarily., John Mueller on Twitter
- @_RGraph @methode I wouldn't say that deindexing a forum will always improve a site's overall quality :-/. You're the best judge for that., John Mueller on Twitter