Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Dates On Google Image Search Results
On Monday I reported at Search Engine Land via a tip from @KeriMorgret that Google has begun adding dates to news related images in Google Image search. Google has confirmed the additional "date annotations" in a Google Web Search Help thread this morning...
- What Is "Original" When It Comes To Content?
A Google Webmaster Help thread has a fun conversation and discussion around the word "original." With all that is going on with the Panda rollout, Google advising removing unoriginal content from the site...
- SearchMetrics Study Confuse Webmasters Over Google Panda Update
As you know, Google pushed out version two of the Farmer/Panda update globally this week and more webmasters and SEOs are scratching their heads. SearchMetrics released a study of what they say are the top 100 domains with the greatest gains and losses for the UK region...
- Google: Block Duplicate Content & Don't Block Duplicate Content
A very active SEO in the Google forums posted a thread at the Google Webmaster Help forums asking why does it seem Google is contradicting itself with their advice on how to handle duplicate content...
- The Google Locomotive Train Logo: Richard Trevithick
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Google Uses Bounce Rate!, WebmasterWorld
- Doodle Songkran, Google Blogoscoped Forum
- AdWords Best Practices, Google AdWords Help
- The Complete Guide to Bing’s New Local Business Portal, Sphinn
- Your Page Rank Doesn't Matter!, Cre8asite Forums